Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's not exactly around the corner, but......


Christmas is coming, you guys.  I know, I know.  Half of you don’t want to talk about it, the other half is burying their head in the sand and the last half can’t wait.  Yes, I said half three times.  This isn’t a math blog; I can do what I want.  What are you doing/planning for gifts this year?  My husband’s large family refuses to do the honorable thing and draw names so everyone is still supposed to buy for everyone else.  Now that the nieces and nephews are grown and  married (mostly), this is getting hairy (read: EXPENSIVE).  So last year I decided to go with “family gifts” and made a game night basket (well, actually it was a bowl, but whatever).  I put in a couple packs of playing cards, a card game rule book, some microwave popcorn and some hot chocolate.  I packed  it up in a fun bowl with some colorful shredded paper, slapped on some cellophane and there you have it. 
Got any ideas that you’ve come up with for easy peasy gifts for Christmas that won’t sneak in your house and take money from your wallet while you sleep?  I’d love to hear them.  Especially any cool homemade stuff.  But it can’t be too hard.  I’m not sure I can be trusted with power tools.  And not homemade ugly, either.  We all know what I mean. 
                                                                                   Source

**Side note: Have you seen the musical Chicago? Whenever I hear/say/type the word cellophane the song “Mr. Cellophane” always comes to mind.  Now I’ll be singing that in my head all day.  And, if you know what I’m talking about, you will to.  You are welcome.  If you don’t know what I’m talking about, get some culture people.  GO SEE A MUSICAL!  Here is a link to get you started: Mr. Cellophane

No comments:

Post a Comment