Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Extracurriculars

We signed our girls (ages 8 and 5) up for cheerleading. It wasn't my first choice, but they were thrilled. They have played soccer and a bit of basketball already. I have no problem with cheerleaders in general. Heck, quite a few of my friends growing up cheered at one point or another. I just want them to develop a skill or sport that they can continue throughout their lives for exercise and entertainment. In my opinion, there is nothing entertaining about a 40 year old cheerleader. :) I wish that I had cultivated my own interest in sports, but I was too girly and afraid to look dumb back in the day. Thus, at this point in the game, I DO look dumb when playing any sports because I didn't develop the hobby.

We signed them up through an organization called Upward. http://www.upward.org/ I am really pleased with them. They are a Christian based group that stresses the importance of healthy competition, skill building and fun. I am excited for the girls to be involved with them. If they want to cheer, I think this is a good environment to start in. However, it will seem weird going to a basketball game on purpose to watch the cheerleaders. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment